“Principle: A fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.”
Matt believes true leadership is not about a personality; it is characterized by decision-making based on fundamental beliefs that inspire action and motivate change “to form a more perfect Union.” In today’s political environment, Matt’s commitment to our Nation’s founding principles, coupled with his personal style of civility, humility and respect for all will bring a welcomed change to the current climate in Washington, D.C. Matt takes these principles to heart, that:
- All people are created equal, with certain rights; life, liberty and the
pursuit of happiness;
- Leadership should always be for and by the people;
- Government should protect individual rights and freedoms;
- No one, regardless of position or authority, is above the law; and
- It is important to maintain the balance of power, among the states and the federal government and between all three branches of government.